Further development of the TITEB Board’s policies and processes
Following on from several workshops with TITEB, the Board expressed a strong desire to continue with further workshops on Governance that produce Board policies and other key documents that they will use in developing their Governance approach. They also requested that the acting CEO works with Northern Institute Researchers to identify funding for this work, apply for it, and implement the Governance development program.
Policies and resources to be developed in the course of this policy development program include:
- An overall framework that brings together TITEB programs and the high level outcomes and indicators that demonstrate progress in achieving outcomes.
- A TITEB shareholders agreement
- TITEB policy on delegations for the board, and a clear process to present information to the Board with recommendations for action.
- TITEB policy on Tiwi Workforce development addressing the Role of the Board in developing and sustaining key relationships with Tiwi Elders, and other Tiwi Boards around issues like activity development and participation, activity testing and dealing with potential family and other conflict, ways of building Tiwi Workforces
- TITEB policy on Tiwi Employment and Tiwi Staff development
- TITEB policy on Cultural awareness and development of Cultural Competence of Non Tiwi Staff
- TITEB Policy on cultural competency of service delivery
- The Board were interested in the ‘Tricker Model’ (1994), and would like to workshop it in the context of the governance responsibilities for TITEB in the Tiwi Community
- Revision of processes of financial reporting, formats to allow the Board to better understand the financial position of TITEB, and the option of establishing a Finance Subcommittee of the Board
Funding is being sought from the NTG Department of Business to further this work.